Thursday, September 3 , 2015, 12:50 am | Fair 65.0º




Clogged Dryer Vent Sparks Fire at Santa Maria Home

By Michelle Nelson, Noozhawk Managing Editor | @NoozhawkNews |

Santa Maria officials say a clogged filter vent on a dryer caused a structure fire Thursday evening at 2346 Mon Chere.

Acting Battalion Chief Leonard Champion said crews were called to the home about 6:30 p.m.

Three engines, a truck company and a battalion chief arrived on scene, finding light smoke coming from the single-story residence. Champion said no one was inside the structure at the time.

He said crews contained the small fire to the dryer in a washroom. Smoke was cleared from the structure and light overhaul performed.

He said damage was estimated at $1,000.

Noozhawk managing editor Michelle Nelson can be reached at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address). Follow Noozhawk on Twitter: @noozhawk, @NoozhawkNews and @NoozhawkBiz. Connect with Noozhawk on Facebook.




comments powered by Disqus

Support Noozhawk Today

You are an important ally in our mission to deliver clear, objective, high-quality professional news reporting for Santa Barbara, Goleta and the rest of Santa Barbara County. Join the Hawks Club today to help keep Noozhawk soaring.

We offer four membership levels: $5 a month, $10 a month, $25 a month or $1 a week. Payments can be made through PayPal below, or click here for information on recurring credit-card payments.

Thank you for your vital support.

 

Daily Noozhawk

Subscribe to Noozhawk's A.M. Report, our free e-Bulletin sent out every day at 4:15 a.m. with Noozhawk's top stories, hand-picked by the editors.