Wednesday, November 25 , 2015, 4:51 pm | Fair 59º

Armed Robber Hits Carpinteria Yogurt Shop

By Tom Bolton, Noozhawk Executive Editor | @tombol |

Investigators are looking for a man who robbed a Carpinteria frozen-yogurt shop at gunpoint Saturday night, according to the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Department.

The Yo Yum Yum Frozen Yogurt shop in the 1000 block of Casitas Pass Road was held up just before 6 p.m., said sheriff’s spokeswoman Kelly Hoover.

“The suspect, who was wearing a black hoodie, brandished a firearm and demanded money from the cash register,” Hoover said.

She said the suspect fled on foot with an undisclosed amount of cash, and was last seen getting into a silver SUV that was parked nearby on Carpinteria Street.

The suspect was described as white, with olive skin, in his late teens to early 20s, Hoover said. He has brown hair, brown eyes, a thin build, 5-foot-10 to 6 feet tall, and dressed in all black.

He was armed with a black, Glock handgun, according to emergency radio traffic.

Anyone with information about the robbery or the suspect’s whereabout is asked to call the Sheriff’s Department at 805.861.4100.

Noozhawk executive editor Tom Bolton can be reached at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address). Follow Noozhawk on Twitter: @noozhawk, @NoozhawkNews and @NoozhawkBiz. Connect with Noozhawk on Facebook.

» on 02.24.13 @ 03:11 PM

“Yo give me all your money.. and a cinnamon bun cone in a cup with extra sprinkles…”

» on 02.25.13 @ 10:42 AM

Interesting that the Yo Yum Yum employee or owner who was robbed was able to identify the gun as a Glock.

» on 02.25.13 @ 11:32 AM

Yo Yum Yum in Carp? Total take probably a $100? Hope it is worth the time.

» on 02.25.13 @ 12:40 PM

I am 62 years old and I could identify a Glock. So what. Does that make me shady? Not dure what inthemiddles comment meant.

» on 02.25.13 @ 01:23 PM

Haha! No. That’s not the direction I was going. I just find it amusing to have that detail in this story. I don’t usually associate yogurt shop employees with gun knowledge. But more power to him/her if they know their stuff and can accurately identify a gun in the panic of being robbed at gunpoint. If more good people were savvy about identifying, owning and using guns, I think our crime rates would go down, our 2nd amendment rights wouldn’t be threatened and our government would have more fear of the collective power of “We, The People…”

» on 02.25.13 @ 05:34 PM

Whoa, I thought SanDiego had alot of crime.  Santa Barbara, Carpenteria and Santa Maria, are moving ahead in that direction.  Anyway, the more I read the news, the more I realize, I need a gun and need to learn how to use it.