“A Fierce Green Fire: The Battle for a Living Planet”
"A Fierce Green Fire" is the first big-picture exploration of the environmental movement—grassroots and global activism spanning fifty years from conservation to climate change. From halting dams in the Grand Canyon to battling 20,000 tons of toxic waste at Love Canal; from climate change to the promise of transforming our civilization, the film tells vivid stories about people fighting, and succeeding, against enormous odds.
- Presented by: hchadwin
- Starts: May 07, 2012 at 7 p.m.
- Price: General tickets are $22.50 and Student/Senior tickets are $12.50.
Marjorie Luke Theatre
- Website: http://www.lobero.com/calendar/index.php?display=event&id=775&returnto=list
- 1. California Budget Delivers Blow to Government Transparency
- 2. Married Orcutt Teachers Scott and Maureen Wilson Close the Book on Long Careers
- 3. Larry Rachleff Returns to Conduct Music Academy’s Season-Opening Concert
- 4. Samantha Crane of Santa Barbara Graduates from University of Rhode Island
- 5. Despite a Few Sour Notes, Ojai Music Festival Still Strikes the Right Tone
- 1. Robert Scheer: NSA Whistleblower Edward Snowden One American Who Isn’t for Sale (12 comments)
- 2. Board of Supervisors Ponders Budgets for Sheriff, Fire, Mental Health (10 comments)
- 3. Santa Barbara County Supervisors Approve Recommended Budget for 2013-14 (8 comments)
- 4. Michelle Malkin: Beware Obama’s ‘Social Innovation’ Slush Fund for Nonprofits (6 comments)
- 5. Police Seek Identity of Attempted-Murder Suspect in Convenience Store Stabbings (6 comments)