What are the possibilities – and hazards – facing the U.S. as it withdraws from Afghanistan and reviews its engagement in Pakistan? Where is the Taliban now in these two countries? In his engaging new work, Pakistan on the Brink, Pakistan’s preeminent journalist focuses on the long-term problems in the region and explores America’s options in a post-bin Laden era. Rashid is a regular contributor to the Financial Times and The Washington Post. Books will be available for purchase and signing
- Presented by: arts&lec;
- Starts: April 30, 2012 at 8:00 pm
- Price: General Public $10.00 / FREE for UCSB Students
UCSB Campbell Hall
- Website: https://artsandlectures.sa.ucsb.edu/Details.aspx?PerfNum=2337
- 1. 65 mph Wind Gusts Expected Through Noon Christmas Day - 12.25.2014 4:43 a.m.
- 2. Sally Cappon: Not Just Decorations, Christmas Ornaments Tell Family’s Story… - 12.24.2014 11:10 p.m.
- 3. Geoff Green Starting New Adventure as SBCC Foundation Director - 12.24.2014 5:24 p.m.
- 4. Veteran Santa Maria Firefighter Reflects on Career As Retirement Nears - 12.24.2014 5:23 p.m.
- 5. Laurie Jervis: Of Bubbles and Still Wine, Sustainable and Organic Vineyards - 12.24.2014 5:19 p.m.