What are the possibilities – and hazards – facing the U.S. as it withdraws from Afghanistan and reviews its engagement in Pakistan? Where is the Taliban now in these two countries? In his engaging new work, Pakistan on the Brink, Pakistan’s preeminent journalist focuses on the long-term problems in the region and explores America’s options in a post-bin Laden era. Rashid is a regular contributor to the Financial Times and The Washington Post. Books will be available for purchase and signing
- Presented by: arts&lec;
- Starts: April 30, 2012 at 8:00 pm
- Price: General Public $10.00 / FREE for UCSB Students
UCSB Campbell Hall
- Website: https://artsandlectures.sa.ucsb.edu/Details.aspx?PerfNum=2337
- 1. Allan Hancock College Offering Fast-Track Classes at Vandenberg AFB Open to Public - 03.03.2015 9:42 a.m.
- 2. Free ‘New to Medicare’ Seminar to Be Held at Santa Barbara Library - 03.03.2015 8:00 a.m.
- 3. Families of Three Victims Killed by Elliot Rodger in Isla Vista File Wrongful-Death… - 03.02.2015 10:00 p.m.
- 4. Survey Finds Number of Homeless Stays Stable for Santa Barbara County - 03.02.2015 8:30 p.m.
- 5. Defense Witnesses Testify in Ibarra Murder Trial - 03.02.2015 6:30 p.m.