What are the possibilities – and hazards – facing the U.S. as it withdraws from Afghanistan and reviews its engagement in Pakistan? Where is the Taliban now in these two countries? In his engaging new work, Pakistan on the Brink, Pakistan’s preeminent journalist focuses on the long-term problems in the region and explores America’s options in a post-bin Laden era. Rashid is a regular contributor to the Financial Times and The Washington Post. Books will be available for purchase and signing
- Presented by: arts&lec;
- Starts: April 30, 2012 at 8:00 pm
- Price: General Public $10.00 / FREE for UCSB Students
UCSB Campbell Hall
- Website: https://artsandlectures.sa.ucsb.edu/Details.aspx?PerfNum=2337
- 1. Community, Chamber of Commerce Gather to Honor Goleta’s Finest - 11.21.2014 10:00 p.m.
- 2. Stabbing in Old Town Goleta Sends Man to Hospital - 11.21.2014 9:32 p.m.
- 3. Former Laguna Blanca Teacher Gets Jail Time, Probation for Sex with Minor - 11.21.2014 9:13 p.m.
- 4. Court Official Says Jury Turnout as Expected for Ibarra Case in Santa Maria - 11.21.2014 7:54 p.m.
- 5. Head-On Collision Reported in Southern San Luis Obispo County - 11.21.2014 7:41 p.m.