What are the possibilities – and hazards – facing the U.S. as it withdraws from Afghanistan and reviews its engagement in Pakistan? Where is the Taliban now in these two countries? In his engaging new work, Pakistan on the Brink, Pakistan’s preeminent journalist focuses on the long-term problems in the region and explores America’s options in a post-bin Laden era. Rashid is a regular contributor to the Financial Times and The Washington Post. Books will be available for purchase and signing
- Presented by: arts&lec;
- Starts: April 30, 2012 at 8:00 pm
- Price: General Public $10.00 / FREE for UCSB Students
UCSB Campbell Hall
- Website: https://artsandlectures.sa.ucsb.edu/Details.aspx?PerfNum=2337
- 1. Drought Could Set ‘New Worst’ Standards for Future Deliveries of Lake… - 08.02.2015 11:55 p.m.
- 2. La Recepción del Presidente Opens Santa Barbara’s Biggest Party Week - 08.02.2015 10:39 p.m.
- 3. New York Philharmonic Plays the Santa Barbara Bowl - 08.02.2015 10:00 p.m.
- 4. Sundowner Winds Expected in Southern Santa Barbara County - 08.02.2015 7:06 p.m.
- 5. Hancock College Police Chief Retires, Proud of Campus Service and Accomplishments - 08.02.2015 6:58 p.m.