What are the possibilities – and hazards – facing the U.S. as it withdraws from Afghanistan and reviews its engagement in Pakistan? Where is the Taliban now in these two countries? In his engaging new work, Pakistan on the Brink, Pakistan’s preeminent journalist focuses on the long-term problems in the region and explores America’s options in a post-bin Laden era. Rashid is a regular contributor to the Financial Times and The Washington Post. Books will be available for purchase and signing
- Presented by: arts&lec;
- Starts: April 30, 2012 at 8:00 pm
- Price: General Public $10.00 / FREE for UCSB Students
UCSB Campbell Hall
- Website: https://artsandlectures.sa.ucsb.edu/Details.aspx?PerfNum=2337
- 1. CHP Pursues Skateboarding Ban on Steep Santa Barbara County Roads - 07.05.2015 11:00 p.m.
- 2. Thinking Globally and Acting Locally, Dedicated Group Works Toward Isla Vista… - 07.05.2015 8:40 p.m.
- 3. Ann Bramsen, California’s Top Prosecutor, Keeps Focus on Justice and Community… - 07.05.2015 7:40 p.m.
- 4. Michelle Malkin: Vigilance Is Patriotic, Muslim Grievance Grifters Be Damned - 07.05.2015 5:30 p.m.
- 5. Susan Estrich: GOP Presidential Candidates Stoke Hatred, Instead of Love of Country - 07.05.2015 5:15 p.m.