What are the possibilities – and hazards – facing the U.S. as it withdraws from Afghanistan and reviews its engagement in Pakistan? Where is the Taliban now in these two countries? In his engaging new work, Pakistan on the Brink, Pakistan’s preeminent journalist focuses on the long-term problems in the region and explores America’s options in a post-bin Laden era. Rashid is a regular contributor to the Financial Times and The Washington Post. Books will be available for purchase and signing
- Presented by: arts&lec;
- Starts: April 30, 2012 at 8:00 pm
- Price: General Public $10.00 / FREE for UCSB Students
UCSB Campbell Hall
- Website: https://artsandlectures.sa.ucsb.edu/Details.aspx?PerfNum=2337
- 1. Local Doctors Take to the Lobero Theatre Stage to Stress the Importance of Immunizations - 04.17.2015 10:38 p.m.
- 2. Tech Haus Incubator Offers Tools for Emerging Entrepreneurs - 04.17.2015 10:00 p.m.
- 3. Katcho Achadjian Heads to Santa Barbara to Announce Run for Central Coast Congressional… - 04.17.2015 9:21 p.m.
- 4. Santa Barbara to Pay $78,000 More in Attorney’s Fees for District Elections… - 04.17.2015 8:13 p.m.
- 5. Boys Tennis: Dos Pueblos Falls to Mira Costa - 04.17.2015 7:19 p.m.