What are the possibilities – and hazards – facing the U.S. as it withdraws from Afghanistan and reviews its engagement in Pakistan? Where is the Taliban now in these two countries? In his engaging new work, Pakistan on the Brink, Pakistan’s preeminent journalist focuses on the long-term problems in the region and explores America’s options in a post-bin Laden era. Rashid is a regular contributor to the Financial Times and The Washington Post. Books will be available for purchase and signing
- Presented by: arts&lec;
- Starts: April 30, 2012 at 8:00 pm
- Price: General Public $10.00 / FREE for UCSB Students
UCSB Campbell Hall
- Website: https://artsandlectures.sa.ucsb.edu/Details.aspx?PerfNum=2337
- 1. Maserati, Alfa Romeo Dealership Plans Skid Past Santa Barbara Architectural Board… - 08.31.2015 9:21 p.m.
- 2. After Fatal Accidents, Lower Speed Limit Coming To Part of Highway 246 - 08.31.2015 9:12 p.m.
- 3. Mobile Home Park Attorney Lambasts Lompoc For Billing Snafu - 08.31.2015 7:30 p.m.
- 4. UC Santa Barbara to Offer First Master’s Tech Management Degree - 08.31.2015 6:59 p.m.
- 5. Santa Barbara Officials Pledge Action After OSHA Violations Reported at Police… - 08.31.2015 6:49 p.m.