What are the possibilities – and hazards – facing the U.S. as it withdraws from Afghanistan and reviews its engagement in Pakistan? Where is the Taliban now in these two countries? In his engaging new work, Pakistan on the Brink, Pakistan’s preeminent journalist focuses on the long-term problems in the region and explores America’s options in a post-bin Laden era. Rashid is a regular contributor to the Financial Times and The Washington Post. Books will be available for purchase and signing
- Presented by: arts&lec;
- Starts: April 30, 2012 at 8:00 pm
- Price: General Public $10.00 / FREE for UCSB Students
UCSB Campbell Hall
- Website: https://artsandlectures.sa.ucsb.edu/Details.aspx?PerfNum=2337
- 1. Bill Macfadyen: Oil Spill Waters Run Deep, and That’s What We’re Afraid Of - 05.22.2015 3:30 p.m.
- 2. Santa Barbara Environmental Groups ‘Saddened and Disgusted’ by Refugio… - 05.22.2015 3:00 p.m.
- 3. Public Invited to Free Workshops Focused on Water-Efficient Gardening Techniques - 05.22.2015 2:40 p.m.
- 4. Despite Missing Documents, Lompoc Council Agrees to Enter Negotiations for Space… - 05.22.2015 2:22 p.m.
- 5. Zack Warburg and Gerry Warburg: Consumer Advice for New Baseball Commissioner - 05.22.2015 1:58 p.m.