What are the possibilities – and hazards – facing the U.S. as it withdraws from Afghanistan and reviews its engagement in Pakistan? Where is the Taliban now in these two countries? In his engaging new work, Pakistan on the Brink, Pakistan’s preeminent journalist focuses on the long-term problems in the region and explores America’s options in a post-bin Laden era. Rashid is a regular contributor to the Financial Times and The Washington Post. Books will be available for purchase and signing
- Organizer/Sponsor: arts&lec;
- Starts: April 30, 2012 at 8:00 pm
- Price: General Public $10.00 / FREE for UCSB Students
UCSB Campbell Hall
- Website: https://artsandlectures.sa.ucsb.edu/Details.aspx?PerfNum=2337
- 1. Mother of Fallen Warrior Shares Story At Santa Maria Memorial Day Ceremony - 05.30.2016 9:18 p.m.
- 2. Firefighters Show They Give A Hoot as They Rescue Baby Owl - 05.30.2016 9:02 p.m.
- 3. Mark Sylvester: What Does the Open Door Mean to You? - 05.30.2016 8:00 p.m.
- 4. UCSB earns No. 2 seed in Nashville Regional - 05.30.2016 6:53 p.m.
- 5. Judy Foreman: The Gallery Montecito Opens Doors for Arts Mentorship Program - 05.30.2016 6:40 p.m.