What are the possibilities – and hazards – facing the U.S. as it withdraws from Afghanistan and reviews its engagement in Pakistan? Where is the Taliban now in these two countries? In his engaging new work, Pakistan on the Brink, Pakistan’s preeminent journalist focuses on the long-term problems in the region and explores America’s options in a post-bin Laden era. Rashid is a regular contributor to the Financial Times and The Washington Post. Books will be available for purchase and signing
- Presented by: arts&lec;
- Starts: April 30, 2012 at 8:00 pm
- Price: General Public $10.00 / FREE for UCSB Students
UCSB Campbell Hall
- Website: https://artsandlectures.sa.ucsb.edu/Details.aspx?PerfNum=2337
- 1. Santa Barbara Women Lawyers Annual Dinner Includes Speaker Justin Donnolly, Honoree… - 11.27.2015 1:21 p.m.
- 2. Motorcyclist Hurt in Crash on Santa Rosa Road Near Lompoc - 11.27.2015 1:17 p.m.
- 3. Founder of Pharmaceutical Economics William Comanor Honored for 50 Years of Contributions - 11.27.2015 12:43 p.m.
- 4. Laurie Jervis: Pioneering Winemaker Richard Sanford Talks Historic Pinot Noirs,… - 11.27.2015 12:00 p.m.
- 5. Paul Mann: Salt-N-Pepa Party Like It’s 1999 at Chumash Resort - 11.27.2015 11:34 a.m.