What are the possibilities – and hazards – facing the U.S. as it withdraws from Afghanistan and reviews its engagement in Pakistan? Where is the Taliban now in these two countries? In his engaging new work, Pakistan on the Brink, Pakistan’s preeminent journalist focuses on the long-term problems in the region and explores America’s options in a post-bin Laden era. Rashid is a regular contributor to the Financial Times and The Washington Post. Books will be available for purchase and signing
- Presented by: arts&lec;
- Starts: April 30, 2012 at 8:00 pm
- Price: General Public $10.00 / FREE for UCSB Students
UCSB Campbell Hall
- Website: https://artsandlectures.sa.ucsb.edu/Details.aspx?PerfNum=2337
- 1. Mona Charen: Who Are You Calling the Party of the Rich? - 09.30.2014 5:00 p.m.
- 2. Lompoc School District’s Sid Haro Nominated for Valley of the Flowers Peace… - 09.30.2014 2:55 p.m.
- 3. City National Bank, United Way Provide Free Backpacks and Supplies to Franklin… - 09.30.2014 2:41 p.m.
- 4. Cynder Sinclair: UC Santa Barbara Profoundly Impacts Our Entire Community - 09.30.2014 2:00 p.m.
- 5. UCSB Researchers Help Produce the First Health Index That Rates All of Earth’s… - 09.30.2014 1:39 p.m.