What are the possibilities – and hazards – facing the U.S. as it withdraws from Afghanistan and reviews its engagement in Pakistan? Where is the Taliban now in these two countries? In his engaging new work, Pakistan on the Brink, Pakistan’s preeminent journalist focuses on the long-term problems in the region and explores America’s options in a post-bin Laden era. Rashid is a regular contributor to the Financial Times and The Washington Post. Books will be available for purchase and signing
- Presented by: arts&lec;
- Starts: April 30, 2012 at 8:00 pm
- Price: General Public $10.00 / FREE for UCSB Students
UCSB Campbell Hall
- Website: https://artsandlectures.sa.ucsb.edu/Details.aspx?PerfNum=2337
- 1. MTD Aims to Improve Bus Service for Santa Barbara City College Students - 08.22.2014 9:30 p.m.
- 2. Thunder Over the Valley Air Show Returns to Santa Maria - 08.22.2014 8:14 p.m.
- 3. La Casa de La Raza, Facing Foreclosure, Negotiates with Lender to Delay Auction - 08.22.2014 7:34 p.m.
- 4. Road Closures Scheduled for Santa Barbara Triathlon - 08.22.2014 7:27 p.m.
- 5. Santa Barbara Receives $8.6 Million from State in Active Transportation Program… - 08.22.2014 7:04 p.m.