What are the possibilities – and hazards – facing the U.S. as it withdraws from Afghanistan and reviews its engagement in Pakistan? Where is the Taliban now in these two countries? In his engaging new work, Pakistan on the Brink, Pakistan’s preeminent journalist focuses on the long-term problems in the region and explores America’s options in a post-bin Laden era. Rashid is a regular contributor to the Financial Times and The Washington Post. Books will be available for purchase and signing
- Organizer/Sponsor: arts&lec;
- Starts: April 30, 2012 at 8:00 pm
- Price: General Public $10.00 / FREE for UCSB Students
UCSB Campbell Hall
- Website: https://artsandlectures.sa.ucsb.edu/Details.aspx?PerfNum=2337
- 1. Santa Barbara Golf Club Completes $140,000 in Improvement Projects - 05.05.2016 10:40 a.m.
- 2. 5-Acre Vegetation Fire Reported in Solvang - 05.05.2016 10:35 a.m.
- 3. Smartstones, PathPoint Collaborate to Produce ‘Think to Speak’ Sensorial Communication… - 05.05.2016 9:45 a.m.
- 4. The Arts Fund Announces Spring 2016 Teen Arts Mentorship Group Exhibition - 05.05.2016 8:50 a.m.
- 5. San Marcos Entrepreneurship Academy Students Win High School Division of New Venture… - 05.05.2016 7:55 a.m.