What are the possibilities – and hazards – facing the U.S. as it withdraws from Afghanistan and reviews its engagement in Pakistan? Where is the Taliban now in these two countries? In his engaging new work, Pakistan on the Brink, Pakistan’s preeminent journalist focuses on the long-term problems in the region and explores America’s options in a post-bin Laden era. Rashid is a regular contributor to the Financial Times and The Washington Post. Books will be available for purchase and signing
- Presented by: arts&lec;
- Starts: April 30, 2012 at 8:00 pm
- Price: General Public $10.00 / FREE for UCSB Students
UCSB Campbell Hall
- Website: https://artsandlectures.sa.ucsb.edu/Details.aspx?PerfNum=2337
- 1. Water Agencies Trying to Stop Private Water Sales in Carpinteria, Montecito - 10.20.2014 10:00 p.m.
- 2. Sergeant Testifies in Trial for Santa Maria Driver Charged in Death of Teen Pedestrian - 10.20.2014 9:17 p.m.
- 3. Ray LaMontagne Brings Soulful Sound to Santa Barbara Bowl - 10.20.2014 8:51 p.m.
- 4. Public Safety Top Concern Among Santa Maria Council Candidates - 10.20.2014 8:23 p.m.
- 5. Letter to the Editor: If Measure P Passes, Then What? - 10.20.2014 8:18 p.m.