What are the possibilities – and hazards – facing the U.S. as it withdraws from Afghanistan and reviews its engagement in Pakistan? Where is the Taliban now in these two countries? In his engaging new work, Pakistan on the Brink, Pakistan’s preeminent journalist focuses on the long-term problems in the region and explores America’s options in a post-bin Laden era. Rashid is a regular contributor to the Financial Times and The Washington Post. Books will be available for purchase and signing
- Presented by: arts&lec;
- Starts: April 30, 2012 at 8:00 pm
- Price: General Public $10.00 / FREE for UCSB Students
UCSB Campbell Hall
- Website: https://artsandlectures.sa.ucsb.edu/Details.aspx?PerfNum=2337
- 1. Goleta Lemon Festival Returning This Weekend with Same Appeal and New Events Squeezed… - 09.17.2014 5:10 p.m.
- 2. State Enacts Groundwater Regulations as Well-Permit Applications Triple in Santa… - 09.17.2014 4:48 p.m.
- 3. David Sirota: Shareholders’ Quest for More Transparency - 09.17.2014 4:22 p.m.
- 4. Governor Signs Jackson Bill to Encourage Healthy Eating, Exercise in After-School… - 09.17.2014 4:12 p.m.
- 5. Henry Schulte: ‘Climate Change’ and the Fear Tactics of Measure P… - 09.17.2014 3:39 p.m.