What are the possibilities – and hazards – facing the U.S. as it withdraws from Afghanistan and reviews its engagement in Pakistan? Where is the Taliban now in these two countries? In his engaging new work, Pakistan on the Brink, Pakistan’s preeminent journalist focuses on the long-term problems in the region and explores America’s options in a post-bin Laden era. Rashid is a regular contributor to the Financial Times and The Washington Post. Books will be available for purchase and signing
- Presented by: arts&lec;
- Starts: April 30, 2012 at 8:00 pm
- Price: General Public $10.00 / FREE for UCSB Students
UCSB Campbell Hall
- Website: https://artsandlectures.sa.ucsb.edu/Details.aspx?PerfNum=2337
- 1. Goleta Council Votes to Join Revamped Tourism District - 09.02.2014 8:30 p.m.
- 2. Santa Barbara County Supervisors Vote to Move Forward with Laura’s Law - 09.02.2014 7:44 p.m.
- 3. No-Bail Warrant Issued for Child-Molestation Suspect - 09.02.2014 6:57 p.m.
- 4. Suspects Sought in Purse Snatching of Elderly Woman - 09.02.2014 6:48 p.m.
- 5. Susan Estrich: The Enemy of Our Enemy — U.S. and Syria’s Assad vs. ISIS? - 09.02.2014 6:16 p.m.