What are the possibilities – and hazards – facing the U.S. as it withdraws from Afghanistan and reviews its engagement in Pakistan? Where is the Taliban now in these two countries? In his engaging new work, Pakistan on the Brink, Pakistan’s preeminent journalist focuses on the long-term problems in the region and explores America’s options in a post-bin Laden era. Rashid is a regular contributor to the Financial Times and The Washington Post. Books will be available for purchase and signing
- Organizer/Sponsor: arts&lec;
- Starts: April 30, 2012 at 8:00 pm
- Price: General Public $10.00 / FREE for UCSB Students
UCSB Campbell Hall
- Website: https://artsandlectures.sa.ucsb.edu/Details.aspx?PerfNum=2337
- 1. With Fiesta Around the Corner, Old Spanish Days to Hold Costume Sale - June 30, 2016 | 8:00 a.m.
- 2. Big-Rig Spills Load of Cucumbers on Highway 101 - June 30, 2016 | 7:50 a.m.
- 3. Foresters Settle for 1-1 Tie Against Team USA - June 29, 2016 | 10:00 p.m.
- 4. Local Communities Prepare for Children’s Summertime Food and Hunger Needs - June 29, 2016 | 9:31 p.m.
- 5. Judge Rules Police Had Valid Consent For Searches In Teen Mom Murder Case - June 29, 2016 | 9:11 p.m.
Subscribe to Noozhawk's A.M. Report, our free e-Bulletin sent out every day at 4:15 a.m. with Noozhawk's top stories, hand-picked by the editors.Sign Up Now >