What are the possibilities – and hazards – facing the U.S. as it withdraws from Afghanistan and reviews its engagement in Pakistan? Where is the Taliban now in these two countries? In his engaging new work, Pakistan on the Brink, Pakistan’s preeminent journalist focuses on the long-term problems in the region and explores America’s options in a post-bin Laden era. Rashid is a regular contributor to the Financial Times and The Washington Post. Books will be available for purchase and signing
- Presented by: arts&lec;
- Starts: April 30, 2012 at 8:00 pm
- Price: General Public $10.00 / FREE for UCSB Students
UCSB Campbell Hall
- Website: https://artsandlectures.sa.ucsb.edu/Details.aspx?PerfNum=2337
- 1. Santa Barbara Library Waiting on Building Permit to Start Construction of Children’s… - 01.30.2015 6:00 p.m.
- 2. Sacramento Couple Arrested in Santa Barbara Robberies Suspected of ‘Multi-State… - 01.30.2015 5:21 p.m.
- 3. Joe Conason: End Poverty? Reduce Inequality? What Republicans Must Do First - 01.30.2015 5:00 p.m.
- 4. How to Save Water and Enjoy Great Landscaping for Your Home - 01.30.2015 3:42 p.m.
- 5. Mark James Miller: Fear of Public Speaking in the Age of Anxiety - 01.30.2015 3:30 p.m.