One of America’s most distinctive and classic singers, Irma Thomas is a treasure from the golden age of soul music. From her 1960s hit “Time Is on My Side,” (later covered by The Rolling Stones), to her 2006 Grammy-winning album After the Rain, the “Crescent City’s long reigning queen of soul” (Rolling Stone) remains as compelling and powerful as ever.
- Presented by: arts&lec;
- Starts: April 10, 2012 at 8:00 pm
- Price: General Public $38.00 / UCSB Students $15.00
UCSB Campbell Hall
- Website: https://artsandlectures.sa.ucsb.edu/Details.aspx?PerfNum=2147
- 1. Judy Foreman: Élu Delivers Sexy, Cool, Street Luxury with a Touch of Rock ‘n’… - 08.31.2014 11:45 p.m.
- 2. After Years of Pressure, Santa Barbara ’s Eastside Residents to Get Brighter… - 08.31.2014 10:05 p.m.
- 3. Isla Vista Housing Project to Give Homeless Much More Than a Roof Over Their Heads - 08.31.2014 9:10 p.m.
- 4. New Classroom Building Changing the Look at Venerable Santa Maria High School - 08.31.2014 8:15 p.m.
- 5. Michelle Malkin: Bloodstained Hypocrisy of Hollywood’s Violence Profiteers - 08.31.2014 5:30 p.m.