One of America’s most distinctive and classic singers, Irma Thomas is a treasure from the golden age of soul music. From her 1960s hit “Time Is on My Side,” (later covered by The Rolling Stones), to her 2006 Grammy-winning album After the Rain, the “Crescent City’s long reigning queen of soul” (Rolling Stone) remains as compelling and powerful as ever.
- Presented by: arts&lec;
- Starts: April 10, 2012 at 8:00 pm
- Price: General Public $38.00 / UCSB Students $15.00
UCSB Campbell Hall
- Website: https://artsandlectures.sa.ucsb.edu/Details.aspx?PerfNum=2147
- 1. Sally Cappon: Not Just Decorations, Christmas Ornaments Tell Family’s Story… - 12.24.2014 11:10 p.m.
- 2. Geoff Green Starting New Adventure as SBCC Foundation Director - 12.24.2014 5:24 p.m.
- 3. Veteran Santa Maria Firefighter Reflects on Career As Retirement Nears - 12.24.2014 5:23 p.m.
- 4. Laurie Jervis: Of Bubbles and Still Wine, Sustainable and Organic Vineyards - 12.24.2014 5:19 p.m.
- 5. Steven Crandell: An Open Letter to Bill Gates and Kevin Roberts - 12.24.2014 5:19 p.m.