One of America’s most distinctive and classic singers, Irma Thomas is a treasure from the golden age of soul music. From her 1960s hit “Time Is on My Side,” (later covered by The Rolling Stones), to her 2006 Grammy-winning album After the Rain, the “Crescent City’s long reigning queen of soul” (Rolling Stone) remains as compelling and powerful as ever.
- Presented by: arts&lec;
- Starts: April 10, 2012 at 8:00 pm
- Price: General Public $38.00 / UCSB Students $15.00
UCSB Campbell Hall
- Website: https://artsandlectures.sa.ucsb.edu/Details.aspx?PerfNum=2147
- 1. Bishop Diego High School Class of 1964 Celebrates 50 Years as Cardinals - 09.16.2014 6:02 p.m.
- 2. Cal Poly’s TechPitch Competition Adds Cash Prize, Extends Application Deadline - 09.16.2014 5:32 p.m.
- 3. Lou Cannon: Once Vaunted Common Core Becomes a Political Football - 09.16.2014 5:15 p.m.
- 4. Veterinarian Kenneth Bruecker of VMSG Achieves Double Board-Certification - 09.16.2014 5:05 p.m.
- 5. Project Heroes to Hold Bilingual Forum to Address Youth Violence in Latino Community - 09.16.2014 4:53 p.m.