One of America’s highest-profile string ensembles, the Miró Quartet also enjoys a place at the top of the international chamber music scene. Founded at the Oberlin Conservatory in 1995, the quartet is a winner of the prestigious Naumburg Chamber Music Award and is the Faculty String Quartet-in-Residence at the University of Texas, Austin. They appear regularly at major summer festivals and have performed in important venues such as Carnegie Hall and the Concertgebouw.
- Presented by: hchadwin
- Starts: July 22, 2012 at 4:00pm
- Price: Reserved tickets are $41.
- Website: http://www.lobero.com/calendar/index.php?display=event&id=790&returnto=list
- Sponsors: Music Academy of the West
- 1. Three Jailed After Police Seize Meth, Heroin
- 2. For SBCC Graduates, Commencement a Time to Celebrate and Reflect
- 3. Allan Hancock College Graduates Take Next Step on Path to Success
- 4. Williams’ Energy Efficiency Bill Advances to Senate
- 5. Santa Barbara School Board Reviewing New Policies Limiting Food Fundraisers
- 1. Michelle Malkin: Obama’s Emptiest Benghazi Talking Point (18 comments)
- 2. Woman Jailed After Wreck That Severely Injured Toddler Son (13 comments)
- 3. Neighborhood Clinics Issue Funding Plea to Avert Shutdown (11 comments)
- 4. New Reports Slam Deficiencies of County Mental Health Department, Call for Action (9 comments)
- 5. With Renewed Focus, SBCC Graduate Robert Gutierrez Sees Bright Future (8 comments)