- News Grid
- Local News
- Green Hawk
- School Zone
- Missing Pets
- News Releases
Welcome to Noozhawk, a news and information Web site owned and operated by Malamute Ventures LLC in Santa Barbara, Calif.
At this time, there is no cost for using any part of Noozhawk. From time to time, there may be premium content available via subscription or surcharge, and those areas will be clearly marked.
Copyrights and Trademarks
Material published on Noozhawk, including articles, photographs, graphics, bulletin-board and calendar postings, audio and video clips, and other content, is copyrighted by Noozhawk, or by other information providers that have licensed their content for use on Noozhawk’s Web site. Additionally, Noozhawk’s entire content is copyrighted as a collective work under U.S. copyright laws, with Noozhawk being the owner of the collective work. Noozhawk and its logos are service marks or trademarks of Malamute Ventures LLC, a California limited liability company, dba Noozhawk. You cannot reproduce, republish or redistribute material from Noozhawk or any other news services and syndicates in any way without the written consent of the copyright owner.
You may, however, electronically store a reasonable portion of Noozhawk content for your personal, noncommercial use by making a single electronic copy on your computer’s hard drive, a single copy on a disk or other media, or a single copy in printed form. You agree, however, that you will not store or archive a significant portion of the content or create a database using the content.
These rules also apply:
- You will not in any way violate the intellectual property laws protecting the content accessible through Noozhawk’s Web site. This means you agree not to copy, modify, publish, transmit, create derivative works from, transfer, sell or display the content, including logos, service marks or trademarks, or otherwise violate the proprietary rights of Noozhawk or others.
- You will not reuse, republish or otherwise distribute the content or any modified or altered versions of it, whether over the Internet or otherwise, and whether or not for payment, without the express written permission of Noozhawk or a third-party copyright holder.
- You will cooperate promptly and completely with any reasonable request by Noozhawk related to an investigation of infringement or copyright or other proprietary right.
To obtain permission to reuse or republish any material copyrighted by Noozhawk, please contact William M. Macfadyen, publisher and CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Noozhawk cannot grant permission to reuse or republish material from other information providers; you must contact them directly.
If you believe that Noozhawk or any user of Noozhawk has infringed your copyright in any material way, please notify Noozhawk’s copyright agent, William M. Macfadyen, Noozhawk publisher and CEO, at email@example.com and provide the following information:
- An identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
- An identification of the material on Noozhawk that you claim is infringing or is subject to infringing activity, with enough detail that we can locate the material on Noozhawk.
- Your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
- A statement by you declaring that the above information in your Notice is accurate, made under penalty of perjury, and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest involved.
- Your physical or electronic signature.
By submitting any Member Content to Noozhawk, you automatically grant Noozhawk a nonexclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) license to use, modify, copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, create derivative works of, distribute, transfer or sell any such content, for any purpose, including commercial purposes, without any payment to you, in any type of media or in any form now known or later developed. In addition, you automatically waive and give up any claim that any use of such content violates any of your rights, including privacy rights, publicity rights, moral rights or any other right, including the right to approve the way Noozhawk uses such content.
- Members shall not provide any information that is false, misleading or inaccurate.
- Members shall not use any portion of Noozhawk for any unlawful purpose and will comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations.
- Members shall not use any portion of Noozhawk for uploading, posting, e-mailing, transmitting or otherwise making available Member Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party. Only the owner or a representative designated by the owner may upload copyrighted material to Noozhawk.
- Members shall not use any portion of Noozhawk for uploading, posting, e-mailing, transmitting or otherwise making available Member Content that is harmful to minors in any way, harassing, harmful, threatening, abusive, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, libelous, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- Members shall not use any portion of Noozhawk for uploading, posting, e-mailing, transmitting or otherwise making available junk mail, commercial advertisements or any other form of commercial solicitation.
- Members shall not attempt to interfere with any other person’s use of Noozhawk.
- Members shall not misrepresent their identity nor impersonate any person.
- Members shall not hold themselves out as sponsored by, endorsed by or affiliated with Noozhawk.
- Members shall not attempt to modify, translate, adapt, edit, decompile, disassemble or reverse-engineer any software programs used by Noozhawk.
To register a complaint about another user’s conduct, please contact William M. Macfadyen, Noozhawk’s publisher and CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Noozhawk’s business partners, advertisers and affiliates, and other content providers accessible through our site, may have their own policies about children’s privacy, and you should contact them directly for their policies. Noozhawk strongly recommends that parents supervise their children’s Internet use. A number of commercial products are available to help limit access to material on the Internet that you may consider harmful or inappropriate for your child.
While Noozhawk strives for accuracy, it does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information or database on our Web site. Noozhawk does not guarantee or warrant that any files available for downloading will be free of defects. While Noozhawk takes reasonable steps to ensure that no technologically destructive properties are present, the entire risk as to Noozhawk’s quality and performance and the accuracy and completeness of any information is with the user of our service.
Likewise, Noozhawk does not warrant that our service will be uninterrupted or error-free. Noozhawk makes no warranties, express or implied, including, without limitation, those of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose any information published by Noozhawk or any products or services sold through Noozhawk’s Web site.
Opinions, advice and all other information expressed on Noozhawk bulletin boards represent the individual’s own views and not necessarily those of Noozhawk. Noozhawk does not endorse and is not responsible for statements, advice and opinions made by anyone other than authorized Noozhawk spokespersons.
Any investment decisions or other actions that users take based on information available on Noozhawk should first be reviewed by a competent financial adviser or other professional.
Noozhawk is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We make no warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or noninfringement, or warranties regarding the accuracy, reliability or completeness of the content or any other service or product on or related to the service, including any link to another Web site or resource.
In no event will Noozhawk be liable for (a) any incidental, consequential or indirect damages (including, but not limited to, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of programs or information, and the like) arising out of the use of or inability to use Noozhawk, or any information or services provided on Noozhawk, even if Noozhawk has been advised of the possibility of such damages, or (b) any claim attributable to errors, omissions or other inaccuracies published on Noozhawk.
This agreement between Noozhawk and its users will be governed and interpreted under the laws of the state of California. Santa Barbara County has jurisdiction in any dispute arising from this agreement. In the event that any provision of this agreement is found to be in conflict with the law, such provision shall be restated to reflect the original intent, and all other terms and conditions shall remain in full force and effect.
Noozhawk’s offices are located at 402 E. Gutierrez St., Santa Barbara, Calif. 93101.
Questions and Comments
We hope you enjoy using Noozhawk. Questions and comments about Noozhawk’s content and our site may be e-mailed to William M. Macfadyen, founder, publisher and CEO, at email@example.com. We read all comments submitted to us and try to respond to as many as possible.
Technical questions regarding your software, your configuration or your Internet connection should be directed to your Internet access provider. Noozhawk cannot address questions except those specifically about content and services that we provide.
More Local News »
The victim, a 57-year-old homeless man, was stabbed to death, according to police
Complaint alleges negligence by the accused driver, two family members and a taxi company and driver
Weather: Fair 84.0º
Search Noozhawk »