Autumn at Alice Keck Park Memorial Gardens in Santa Barbara.
Sent by: Sue Cook
A cruise ship and Hobie Cats.
Sent by: Kurt Liestenfeltz
Santa Barbara City College parking lot above the stadium.
Sent by: John Curach
A recently purchased tulip dropped all of its petals at once, forming an elegant art piece.
Sent by: Steven Sharpe
Storm in the Santa Barbara Channel, from Hobson Beach Park in Ventura County.
Sent by: Bill Macfadyen / Noozhawk via Instagram
A halo around the sun is known as a 22-degree halo, and is the result of sunlight reflecting in ice crystals of cirrus clouds. On Oct. 11 in Orcutt, a second halo was observed, this one called a parhelic circle. A sundog formed where the two halos intersect, and it appears there may be other lighter sundogs formed at symmetrical locations on the parhelic circle, which may indicate Wegener arcs that are not readily visible to the human eye. Click here for more information. This photo is two photos stitched together and was taken with a 14-24mm lens at 14mm pointed straight up.
Sent by: Sue Cook
The Rocky Neck Bluegrass Band plays during the 43rd Fiddler’s Festival and the 10th anniversary of the Goleta Valley Art Association at Rancho La Patera in Goleta.
Sent by: Rochelle Rose / Noozhawk
- 1. High Surf, Wind Advisories Issued for Santa Barbara County - 10.20.2014 11:10 a.m.
- 2. Sen. Jackson Helps Independent Living Resource Center Honor Retiring Executive… - 10.20.2014 10:57 a.m.
- 3. Cinema Italiano Contemporaneo Continues with Saturday Screening of ‘Il Capitale… - 10.20.2014 10:13 a.m.
- 4. Valle Verde Serves Community as Exclusive Partner with Meals on Wheels Program - 10.20.2014 9:35 a.m.
- 5. ‘Gone with the Wind’ to Screen for One Night Only at Plaza Playhouse… - 10.20.2014 8:54 a.m.
Subscribe to Noozhawk's A.M. Report, our free e-Bulletin sent out every day at 4:15 a.m. with Noozhawk's top stories, hand-picked by the editors.