Dolphins leap out of the water near Santa Cruz Island.
Sent by: Josh Molina / Noozhawk
A pelican rests on the Goleta Beach pier, covered in oil after the spill near Refugio State Beach. The photographer stayed with the bird for about an hour and observed that it was able to fly and come back to the pier but not able to fish for itself. The pelican was reportedly rescued this week.
Sent by: Gail Osherenko
Butterfly Beach in Montecito, with plenty of sand to spare on the afternoon of Memorial Day.
Sent by: Bill Macfadyen via Instagram
Cold, misty morning at Little Moose Lake at the Adirondack League Club near Old Forge, N.Y.
Sent by: Missy Macfadyen via iPhone
Ayaan Hirsi Ali, a Somali-born women’s rights and free-speech activist and best-selling author of Heretic: Why Islam Needs a Reformation Now, talks with supporters at a private reception before her speech Saturday night at The Granada Theatre in Santa Barbara. In her speech, she outlined ways that Islam could reform so the religion can exist peacefully in the modern world. Click here for a related Noozhawk article.
Sent by: Laura Hout via iPhone
A family of geese family along the Snake River in Idaho Falls, Idaho.
Sent by: Cathy Macaulay via iPhone
Little Moose Lake from Panther Mountain at the Adirondack League Club near Old Forge, N.Y.
Sent by: Hannah Gaylord via Instagram
- 1. Ruptured Section of Pipeline Dug Out for Testing as Refugio Oil-Spill Investigation… - 05.29.2015 7:00 p.m.
- 2. Neverland Ranch, Former Home of Late Pop Star Michael Jackson, Up for Sale for… - 05.29.2015 6:18 p.m.
- 3. Pioneer Valley High School to Break Ground on New Performing Arts Center - 05.29.2015 6:03 p.m.
- 4. Joseph Kirkland Named New President of Rotary Club of Montecito - 05.29.2015 5:56 p.m.
- 5. Oiled Sea Lion Makes an Exit on Highway 101 in Santa Barbara - 05.29.2015 5:29 p.m.
Subscribe to Noozhawk's A.M. Report, our free e-Bulletin sent out every day at 4:15 a.m. with Noozhawk's top stories, hand-picked by the editors.