Santa Barbara County’s on-again, off-again relationship with rain shifted to the off phase Friday as sunshine is making a brief appearance between storms. Showers are expected to return Saturday but will likely be gone by Sunday. As of now, next week should see plenty of sunshine and warmer temperatures.

Thursday evening drizzle turned to soft, steady rain Thursday night, but few problems were reported from the latest storm, which moved out overnight.

On Friday morning, the county Public Works Department reported that San Marcos Pass had recorded 2.30 inches of rainfall in the previous 24 hours. Tecolote Canyon west of Goleta reported 2.14 inches, Mount Calvary 2.04 inches, Carpinteria .95 inches, Montecito .84 inches, Goleta .83 inches and downtown Santa Barbara .73 inches.

The National Weather Service said Friday will be sunny with temperatures in the low 60s. Breezy conditions are expected after nightfall with gusts up to 25 mph.

The weather service said gale-force winds will be blowing in the Santa Barbara Channel through Saturday, and beachgoers will face hazardous high surf from the storm.

Saturday is expected to be partly sunny with a 60 percent chance of rain by midday. The weather service said the threat of showers should drop to 40 percent Saturday night before the storm clears out by midnight. High temperatures in the low 60s are forecast for Saturday.

Beginning on Sunday, sunshine is in the forecast for the rest of the week. Sunday’s daytime temperatures should be in the low 60s but a warming trend will propel them into the 70s by Thursday, the weather service said.

» Click here for the complete National Weather Service forecast.

» Click here for the Santa Barbara County Public Works Department’s interactive precipitation map.

» Click here for the Santa Barbara County Office of Emergency Services. Click here to sign up for the OES’ messaging service. Follow the OES on Facebook.

Noozhawk publisher Bill Macfadyen can be reached at Follow Noozhawk on Twitter: @noozhawk. Become a fan of Noozhawk on Facebook.

Bill Macfadyen is Noozhawk’s founder and publisher. Contact him at, and follow him on Instagram: @bill.macfadyen. The opinions expressed are his own.