What are the possibilities – and hazards – facing the U.S. as it withdraws from Afghanistan and reviews its engagement in Pakistan? Where is the Taliban now in these two countries? In his engaging new work, Pakistan on the Brink, Pakistan’s preeminent journalist focuses on the long-term problems in the region and explores America’s options in a post-bin Laden era. Rashid is a regular contributor to the Financial Times and The Washington Post. Books will be available for purchase and signing
- Organizer/Sponsor: arts&lec;
- Starts: April 30, 2012 at 8:00 pm
- Price: General Public $10.00 / FREE for UCSB Students
UCSB Campbell Hall
- Website: https://artsandlectures.sa.ucsb.edu/Details.aspx?PerfNum=2337
- 1. Defense Rules as UCSB and Cal Poly Draw 0-0 - October 22, 2016 | 11:50 p.m.
- 2. Evan McKeegan, Bishop Diego Run Over Nordhoff, 62-15 - October 22, 2016 | 11:20 p.m.
- 3. Antelope Valley’s Offense Too Much for SBCC - October 22, 2016 | 11:16 p.m.
- 4. Ventura Knocks Off Volleyball Heavyweights to Win TOC - October 22, 2016 | 8:43 p.m.
- 5. UCSB Holds Off Stanford for 7-6 Water Polo Upset - October 22, 2016 | 6:56 p.m.
Subscribe to Noozhawk's A.M. Report, our free e-Bulletin sent out every day at 4:15 a.m. with Noozhawk's top stories, hand-picked by the editors.Sign Up Now >