What are the possibilities – and hazards – facing the U.S. as it withdraws from Afghanistan and reviews its engagement in Pakistan? Where is the Taliban now in these two countries? In his engaging new work, Pakistan on the Brink, Pakistan’s preeminent journalist focuses on the long-term problems in the region and explores America’s options in a post-bin Laden era. Rashid is a regular contributor to the Financial Times and The Washington Post. Books will be available for purchase and signing
- Organizer/Sponsor: arts&lec;
- Starts: April 30, 2012 at 8:00 pm
- Price: General Public $10.00 / FREE for UCSB Students
UCSB Campbell Hall
- Website: https://artsandlectures.sa.ucsb.edu/Details.aspx?PerfNum=2337
- 1. Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital Celebrates Construction Milestone with ‘Topping… - July 28, 2016 | 6:24 p.m.
- 2. BizHawk: Nona’s Italian Deli Brings Together Family, Community and History - July 28, 2016 | 6:04 p.m.
- 3. Captain’s Log: Sevengill Sharks Just Want to Bite Something - July 28, 2016 | 3:43 p.m.
- 4. Lakey Peterson Advances to U.S. Open of Surfing Quarterfinals - July 28, 2016 | 3:38 p.m.
- 5. Vandenberg AFB Says Chinese Rocket Debris Caused Fireball Seen in Sky Wednesday… - July 28, 2016 | 12:37 p.m.
Subscribe to Noozhawk's A.M. Report, our free e-Bulletin sent out every day at 4:15 a.m. with Noozhawk's top stories, hand-picked by the editors.Sign Up Now >