What are the possibilities – and hazards – facing the U.S. as it withdraws from Afghanistan and reviews its engagement in Pakistan? Where is the Taliban now in these two countries? In his engaging new work, Pakistan on the Brink, Pakistan’s preeminent journalist focuses on the long-term problems in the region and explores America’s options in a post-bin Laden era. Rashid is a regular contributor to the Financial Times and The Washington Post. Books will be available for purchase and signing
- Organizer/Sponsor: arts&lec;
- Starts: April 30, 2012 at 8:00 pm
- Price: General Public $10.00 / FREE for UCSB Students
UCSB Campbell Hall
- Website: https://artsandlectures.sa.ucsb.edu/Details.aspx?PerfNum=2337
- 1. Red Flag Warning Issued for Santa Barbara County as Rey Fire Containment Hits… - August 29, 2016 | 9:17 p.m.
- 2. Round Table Luncheon: Santa Barbara Aims to Right the Wrongs of Season-Opening… - August 29, 2016 | 7:15 p.m.
- 3. Newbury Park’s Wood Twins Win Pirate Invitational - August 29, 2016 | 6:17 p.m.
- 4. Cinema in Focus: ‘Florence Foster Jenkins’ - August 29, 2016 | 5:15 p.m.
- 5. Power Out as Truck Snags Utility Lines in Orcutt Neighborhood - August 29, 2016 | 5:11 p.m.
Subscribe to Noozhawk's A.M. Report, our free e-Bulletin sent out every day at 4:15 a.m. with Noozhawk's top stories, hand-picked by the editors.Sign Up Now >