What are the possibilities – and hazards – facing the U.S. as it withdraws from Afghanistan and reviews its engagement in Pakistan? Where is the Taliban now in these two countries? In his engaging new work, Pakistan on the Brink, Pakistan’s preeminent journalist focuses on the long-term problems in the region and explores America’s options in a post-bin Laden era. Rashid is a regular contributor to the Financial Times and The Washington Post. Books will be available for purchase and signing
- Organizer/Sponsor: arts&lec;
- Starts: April 30, 2012 at 8:00 pm
- Price: General Public $10.00 / FREE for UCSB Students
UCSB Campbell Hall
- Website: https://artsandlectures.sa.ucsb.edu/Details.aspx?PerfNum=2337
- 1. Montecito Water District Considers Recycled Water Delivery Agreement with Goleta… - September 24, 2016 | 11:55 p.m.
- 2. Bishop Diego Blanked by Santa Fe Christian - September 24, 2016 | 11:45 p.m.
- 3. Cottage Rehabilitation Hospital Celebrates Power of Teamwork - September 24, 2016 | 11:40 p.m.
- 4. From the Past and Into the Future, Ensuring the Legacy of Elings Park a Team Effort - September 24, 2016 | 11:30 p.m.
- 5. Santa Barbara Places 11th at South Coast Tourney - September 24, 2016 | 10:43 p.m.
Subscribe to Noozhawk's A.M. Report, our free e-Bulletin sent out every day at 4:15 a.m. with Noozhawk's top stories, hand-picked by the editors.Sign Up Now >