What are the possibilities – and hazards – facing the U.S. as it withdraws from Afghanistan and reviews its engagement in Pakistan? Where is the Taliban now in these two countries? In his engaging new work, Pakistan on the Brink, Pakistan’s preeminent journalist focuses on the long-term problems in the region and explores America’s options in a post-bin Laden era. Rashid is a regular contributor to the Financial Times and The Washington Post. Books will be available for purchase and signing
- Organizer/Sponsor: arts&lec;
- Starts: April 30, 2012 at 8:00 pm
- Price: General Public $10.00 / FREE for UCSB Students
UCSB Campbell Hall
- Website: https://artsandlectures.sa.ucsb.edu/Details.aspx?PerfNum=2337
- 1. Versatile Cassandra Gordon Comes Up Big for Santa Barbara - December 3, 2016 | 11:00 p.m.
- 2. Dos Pueblos Falls in Finals of Corona del Mar Duals - December 3, 2016 | 10:20 p.m.
- 3. Thacher Dismantles Providence, Wins Big - December 3, 2016 | 9:44 p.m.
- 4. San Marcos Falls in Fillmore Tourney Finals - December 3, 2016 | 9:34 p.m.
- 5. Jada Clark’s Double-Double Lifts SBCC Over Victor Valley - December 3, 2016 | 9:22 p.m.
Subscribe to Noozhawk's A.M. Report, our free e-Bulletin sent out every day at 4:15 a.m. with Noozhawk's top stories, hand-picked by the editors.Sign Up Now >