This September, the Foodbank of Santa Barbara County is partnering with 17 local restaurants to host the first countywide Dine Out for Hunger campaign. The community effort will raise money to benefit the Foodbank and help end hunger in Santa Barbara County as part of Feeding America’s national Hunger Action Month.
Last year, the Foodbank served 190,000 residents across the county, 40 percent of which were children, through nutrition education programs, fresh produce distributions, and healthy food pantries.
Proceeds from the campaign will directly benefit children’s programs, senior nutrition services, and grocery distributions to families.
Each restaurant will donate $1 to the Foodbank of Santa Barbara County for each purchase of a select menu item. Participating restaurants include the following:
· Bar 29, 1134 Chapala St, Santa Barbara
· Bettina, 1014 Coast Village Rd, Santa Barbara
· Benchmark Eatery, 1201 State St, Santa Barbara
· Bibi Ji, 734 State St, Santa Barbara
· The Boathouse, 2981 Cliff Dr., Santa Barbara
· Ca’ Dario, 37 E Victoria St, Santa Barbara
· Dargan’s Irish Pub and Restaurant, 18 E. Ortega St., Santa Barbara
· Khao Kaeng, 1187 Coast Village Road Ste. 9, Montecito
· Finch & Fork, 31 W Carrillo St, Santa Barbara
· First & Oak, 409 1st St., Solvang
· Industrial Eats, 181 Industrial Way, Buellton
· Los Arroyos, 14 W. Figueroa St., Santa Barbara
· Mesa Burger, 315 Meigs Road, Santa Barbara
· Satellite, 1117 State St., Santa Barbara
· Soul Cal Smokehouse, 38 W. Victoria St, Santa Barbara
· Three Pickles, 126 E. Canon Perdido St., Santa Barbara and 420 S. Fairview Ave. #104, Goleta
· Toma, 324 W. Cabrillo Blvd., Santa Barbara
“We’re excited to be working with local restaurants who work so hard to feed and nourish our community,” said Nathalie Keller, Foodbank development manager. “The Foodbank is honored that many of them are donating a portion of their best-selling items and are so happy to give back.
“With the help of these restaurants, we’re hoping to make a big impact during Hunger Action Month.”
The Foodbank urges anyone eating out during September to consider dining at one of the restaurants listed above. Patrons should ask their server for the special Dine Out for Hunger menu item. Each qualifying purchase provides eight meals to those facing hunger in local communities.
Menu items span breakfast, lunch and dinner, and include an array of foods.
Restaurants interested in joining the Dine Out for Hunger team can participate by contacting Keller at firstname.lastname@example.org. Dine Out for Hunger ends Sept. 30. Community members can learn more by visiting https://donate.foodbanksbc.org/DineOut.
For more information about the Foodbank of Santa Barbara County, visit www.foodbanksbc.org.
— Nathalie Keller for Foodbank of Santa Barbara County.