While enhancements will continue to be added over time, the city hopes the websites will be easier to navigate.
City and library staff worked closely with Granicus, their long-time website vendor, to update the sites with the goal of providing website visitors with a better experience, whether accessing the site via computer, cell phone or tablet.
Some features to look for with the new city site include:
• Modernized look with an organized and streamlined layout.
• Service Finder and Popular Search features.
• Main navigation categories to coordinate with the city’s “Live, Work, Play” philosophy.
• Enhanced language translation feature present on every page.
• Accessibility feature present on every page.
• Call-to-action buttons prominently displayed on homepage for cell phone viewing
• Month at-a-Glance calendar on homepage.
• Video section on homepage.
• Spotlight section on homepage highlighting upcoming city events, projects and general information
The new look, feel and features area also on the new Goleta & Santa Ynez Valley Libraries website, which is now its own site as opposed to a subsite of the main city site.
Note that pages on the sites will be in new locations. If you have bookmarked or marked as favorites any webpages, you will need to do so again since URLs will have changed.
Typically, municipal websites need updating every five years due to changing technology and for spring cleaning. Goleta’s city website was last updated seven years ago in May 2015.
The city took advantage of a website refresh credit from Granicus to help pay for the current upgrade, and took the opportunity to upgrade the library site, which was also due for a refresh.
For a show-and-tell of the upgraded city website, community members can join the Public Engagement Commission meeting, 6 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 15 at City Council chambers, 130 Cremona Drive, or via Zoom.
Staff will explain the site’s features and answer questions from commissioners and audience members. The meeting can also be viewed at https://www.cityofgoleta.org/meetings-agendas or on Goleta TV Channel 19. The Zoom link will be available in the agenda, posted at least 72 hours in advance here.
Direct any questions or comments to Kelly Hoover, community relations manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.