A guide for getting kids to play in the dirt early and growing an appreciation for homegrown food and healthy habits for life
Local landscape experts meet to discuss ways to cut water use
Forgo lawns and water-hogging plants, but give oaks and other native trees some winter water
On the Central Coast, they can be both a garden miracle and a lesson in patience
You can save your holiday plants to add to the garden this spring for long-term winter color
Column will provide practical advice for creating colorful, water-conserving gardens
This is perfect time to add natives to the garden so they'll flourish next spring
- 1. Motorcyclist Killed in High-Speed Crash on Highway 166 East of Santa Maria - October 23, 2016 | 10:16 p.m.
- 2. Joshua Molina: Veteran Reporter Recalls Dr. Dan Secord as a Good Source, Great… - October 23, 2016 | 8:38 p.m.
- 3. Marymount Students Think Way Outside the Classroom - October 23, 2016 | 8:30 p.m.
- 4. Homeless People’s Four-Legged Friends Get Free Pet Care in Santa Barbara - October 23, 2016 | 8:29 p.m.
- 5. Several Santa Barbara County School Districts Asking Voters to OK Bond Measures - October 23, 2016 | 6:20 p.m.
Subscribe to Noozhawk's A.M. Report, our free e-Bulletin sent out every day at 4:15 a.m. with Noozhawk's top stories, hand-picked by the editors.Sign Up Now >