Jupiter passed within 1 degree of the moon Monday night. Since Jupiter is much fainter compared with the moon, I made two exposures — one to optimize the moon and the second for Jupiter — then combined them. Photo taken with a Canon 60D and Canon 70-300mm with a 2x converter, with both exposures shot at 600mm focal length.
- 1. No Growth Reported for Stubborn Rey Fire as Containment Reaches 54% - August 27, 2016 | 9:52 p.m.
- 2. Attorney Claims Santa Maria Police Improperly Interviewed Suspect in Marilyn Pharis… - August 27, 2016 | 9:45 p.m.
- 3. 4 Injured as Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Patrol Car Rear-Ends Ambulance - August 27, 2016 | 9:27 p.m.
- 4. Chris Braden Comes Full Circle with Santa Barbara Triathlon Long-Course Win - August 27, 2016 | 6:48 p.m.
- 5. Laguna Blanca Sweeps in Volleyball Opener - August 27, 2016 | 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to Noozhawk's A.M. Report, our free e-Bulletin sent out every day at 4:15 a.m. with Noozhawk's top stories, hand-picked by the editors.Sign Up Now >