Jupiter passed within 1 degree of the moon Monday night. Since Jupiter is much fainter compared with the moon, I made two exposures — one to optimize the moon and the second for Jupiter — then combined them. Photo taken with a Canon 60D and Canon 70-300mm with a 2x converter, with both exposures shot at 600mm focal length.
- 1. Pilot Dies in Ultralight Crash at Goleta Apartment Complex - December 6, 2016 | 10:32 a.m.
- 2. Downtown Santa Barbara Branch American Riviera Bank Makes Staff Changes - December 6, 2016 | 10:04 a.m.
- 3. CHiPs for Kids Gives Santa Some Roadside Assistance - December 6, 2016 | 9:00 a.m.
- 4. Toy Drive Helps Bring A Little Joy to Kids During Difficult Time - December 6, 2016 | 9:00 a.m.
- 5. Holidays Begin on Stearns Wharf With Tree-Lighting Ceremony - December 6, 2016 | 9:00 a.m.
Subscribe to Noozhawk's A.M. Report, our free e-Bulletin sent out every day at 4:15 a.m. with Noozhawk's top stories, hand-picked by the editors.Sign Up Now >