Jupiter passed within 1 degree of the moon Monday night. Since Jupiter is much fainter compared with the moon, I made two exposures — one to optimize the moon and the second for Jupiter — then combined them. Photo taken with a Canon 60D and Canon 70-300mm with a 2x converter, with both exposures shot at 600mm focal length.
- 1. Opera Santa Barbara Launches Youth Opera - July 25, 2016 | 3:35 p.m.
- 2. Goleta Monarchs Overcome Crazy Moments, Finish 5th at Triple Crown World Series - July 25, 2016 | 3:03 p.m.
- 3. Linda Stirling Joins Santa Barbara Maritime Museum Board - July 25, 2016 | 2:30 p.m.
- 4. High Birth Rate, Pathogens Tax Tsimane Womens’ Metabolisms, Says UCSB Anthropologist - July 25, 2016 | 1:25 p.m.
- 5. Renee Fairbanks Named Chair of La Fiesta Pequeña - July 25, 2016 | 12:20 p.m.
Subscribe to Noozhawk's A.M. Report, our free e-Bulletin sent out every day at 4:15 a.m. with Noozhawk's top stories, hand-picked by the editors.Sign Up Now >