Jupiter passed within 1 degree of the moon Monday night. Since Jupiter is much fainter compared with the moon, I made two exposures — one to optimize the moon and the second for Jupiter — then combined them. Photo taken with a Canon 60D and Canon 70-300mm with a 2x converter, with both exposures shot at 600mm focal length.
- 1. Elderly Cyclist Struck by Pickup in Goleta Dies of Injuries - September 26, 2016 | 9:09 p.m.
- 2. Fire at Westmont College Forces 200 Students from Dorm Rooms - September 26, 2016 | 8:54 p.m.
- 3. Round Table Luncheon: Bishop Diego, Carpinteria Fired Up for Rivalry Game - September 26, 2016 | 8:43 p.m.
- 4. Weather Expected to Cool Down Starting Tuesday in Santa Barbara County - September 26, 2016 | 6:36 p.m.
- 5. Joe Conason: A Moral Victory for Bill Clinton — And His Foundation - September 26, 2016 | 5:22 p.m.
Subscribe to Noozhawk's A.M. Report, our free e-Bulletin sent out every day at 4:15 a.m. with Noozhawk's top stories, hand-picked by the editors.Sign Up Now >