Three boys anxiously await their turn last Sunday to get on a 7.5-inch gauge train for a 20-minute ride through four tunnels, three bridges, three trestles and miniature houses at Bitter Creek Western Railroad in Arroyo Grande. The privately owned railroad opens to the public twice a year. The sight includes 14 steaming bays and a turntable.
- 1. Letter to the Editor: Vote Justin Fareed for a Stronger Economy - August 31, 2016 | 7:30 a.m.
- 2. Sheriff’s Office Hires 13, Promotes Rob Minter to Sheriff’s Sergeant - August 31, 2016 | 12:15 a.m.
- 3. Vandenberg Air Force Base Golf Course to Partially Close - August 30, 2016 | 10:26 p.m.
- 4. Laguna Blanca Serves Up Second Sweep - August 30, 2016 | 9:04 p.m.
- 5. Santa Barbara County, Chumash Expand Law Enforcement Contract After Casino Alcohol… - August 30, 2016 | 9:00 p.m.
Subscribe to Noozhawk's A.M. Report, our free e-Bulletin sent out every day at 4:15 a.m. with Noozhawk's top stories, hand-picked by the editors.Sign Up Now >