With rapidly increasing access to prescription drugs, risks of addiction are everywhere as authorities struggle to keep up
Use as gateway drug, access to medical marijuana and effects on brain development among key issues cited
From driving under the influence to amplifying effects of drug combinations, the dangers are as great with this key ingredient
On a journey to destruction that began with 'that one Vicodin,' woman takes last chance to get clean and begins to restore her family and her future
Prescription for Abuse
Evidence of addiction shows an alarming escalation, Noozhawk finds in Prescription for Abuse special report
Fellowships like Noozhawk's provide online news organizations vital resources to help cover their local communities
From a chance phone call, Noozhawk embarks on a voyage of discovery
- 1. 5 Undocumented Immigrants in Santa Barbara County Taken Into Custody by ICE - February 21, 2017 | 6:36 p.m.
- 2. Santa Barbara Judge Denies Plains Motions in Refugio Oil Spill Criminal Case - February 21, 2017 | 6:23 p.m.
- 3. San Marcos, Dos Pueblos Will Try to Make an All-Local CIF Water Polo Final - February 21, 2017 | 4:43 p.m.
- 4. Ted Rall: Long Before Trump, News Media Wallowed in Alternative Facts - February 21, 2017 | 4:01 p.m.
- 5. Cynder Sinclair: Horse Whisperer, Monty Roberts’ Message of Nonviolence - February 21, 2017 | 4:00 p.m.
Subscribe to Noozhawk's A.M. Report, our free e-Bulletin sent out every day at 4:15 a.m. with Noozhawk's top stories, hand-picked by the editors.Sign Up Now >