Winter sunset at Arroyo Burro Beach in Santa Barbara.
Retired Army Air Corps Col. Phil Conran addresses the audience at the Santa Barbara Airport on Dec. 7 during the Pierre Claeyssens Veterans Foundation commemoration of the 75th anniversary of the Pearl Harbor attack. About 150 people attended the event to remember those who perished in the Japanese attack. The Santa Barbara Airport was chosen as the event site because it was formerly a Marine Corps Air Station during World War II.
Sunset from the Douglas Family Preserve in Santa Barbara.
Palm trees appear to stand as sentinels as a recent storm rolls into Santa Barbara.
Yosemite National Park after the first snowfall of the season, on Nov. 29.
Palm trees view from Hale Park in Montecito.
A colorful butterfly alights on an even more colorful flower in central Arizona. Photographed with a Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM, RAW format, 2710x1624, ISO 400, @70mm zoom - Exposure: 1/640th second @ f/10 (manual settings), with a Canon Speedlite 580 EX II flash.
- 1. San Marcos Shuts Ventura Out in Home Opener - December 8, 2016 | 10:53 p.m.
- 2. 9 Sheriff’s Deputy Recruits Graduate from Hancock College Law Enforcement Academy - December 8, 2016 | 10:13 p.m.
- 3. San Marcos Taken Down by Bigger Cabrillo Squad - December 8, 2016 | 10:13 p.m.
- 4. Dos Pueblos Routs Oak Park - December 8, 2016 | 10:06 p.m.
- 5. Santa Barbara Edged Out By La Salle - December 8, 2016 | 10:01 p.m.
Subscribe to Noozhawk's A.M. Report, our free e-Bulletin sent out every day at 4:15 a.m. with Noozhawk's top stories, hand-picked by the editors.Sign Up Now >