Near the east end of Santa Cruz Island, Little Scorpion Anchorage, top sandy cove, and Scorpion Anchorage, below it, sit sheltered from the winds and swells of the Santa Barbara Channel, at the bottom.
A starfish in the Grand Cayman Islands.
Sunset over the Santa Ynez Mountains from Arroyo Burro Trail.
More than 500 Channel Islands YMCA campers from kindergarten through junior high school age recently came together at the Santa Barbara Family YMCA for “The Color Games,” a fun-filled day of friendly competition. The campers come from day camps at the Camarillo Family YMCA, Lompoc Family YMCA, Montecito Family YMCA, Santa Barbara Family YMCA, Stuart C. Gildred Family YMCA in Santa Ynez and Ventura Family YMCA. It is the only time that all of the Channel Islands YMCA campers come together for an event.
A boy appears to be playing a giant harp as his silhouette passes a fence outside a Catholic church in Copan, Honduras.
- 1. Former San Marcos Teammates Reunite, Win East Beach CBVA U18 Title - July 26, 2016 | 11:31 p.m.
- 2. Goleta Valley South 11U All Stars Reach Sub-Division Finals - July 26, 2016 | 11:05 p.m.
- 3. Vietnam War Swift Boat Crew Visits Santa Barbara Harbor During Coastal Voyage - July 26, 2016 | 8:11 p.m.
- 4. Santa Barbara Adopts Bicycle Master Plan After Months of Outreach, Revision and… - July 26, 2016 | 7:33 p.m.
- 5. Santa Maria Police Say Incident Circumstances Help Guide Use Of Force Options - July 26, 2016 | 7:27 p.m.
Subscribe to Noozhawk's A.M. Report, our free e-Bulletin sent out every day at 4:15 a.m. with Noozhawk's top stories, hand-picked by the editors.Sign Up Now >