Authorities have released the name of the man who was shot to death earlier this month in Lompoc. 

Eddie Bravo, 39, of Lompoc died due to the injuries he received in the shooting, Raquel Zick, spokeswoman for the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office Coroner’s Bureau, said Tuesday.

At approximately 10 p.m. Feb. 16, personnel from the Lompoc Police and Fire departments were dispatched to the shooting on the 800 block of North Seventh Street, near East Pine Avenue, Sgt. Vincent Magallon said. 

Emergency personnel found Bravo, initially identified as a 29-year-old, with a gunshot wound, police said.

They administered lifesaving measures, and transported him to Marian Regional Medical Center in Santa Maria, where he passed away.

Lompoc police have not revealed whether they have made any arrests in connection with the shooting or a possible motive for the killing.

Bravo’s sister noted the family’s loss in a GoFundMe page, “Support Eddie’s Family in Their Time of Grief,” created to raise money for the funeral and other expenses. 

“Eddie was more than just a brother — he was a son, a father and a friend, and a light in so many people’s lives,” she wrote. “His kindness, laughter, and love touched everyone who knew him. 

“Losing him in this way is something we never imagined, and we are asking for support as we navigate this painful time” 

As of Tuesday afternoon, the site had raised nearly $6,500 toward the goal of $18,000.

“We appreciate all of your love, prayers, and support during this incredibly difficult time.”

Noozhawk North County editor Janene Scully can be reached at jscully@noozhawk.com. Follow Noozhawk on Twitter: @noozhawk, @NoozhawkNews and @NoozhawkBiz. Connect with Noozhawk on Facebook.