Santa Barbara County in collaboration with Foodbank of Santa Barbara are partnering to establish a countywide process for the donation of personal protective equipment (PPE) from the community.
Beginning Monday, March 30, there will be several locations throughout the county where donations of PPE may be collected from community members. Following are details regarding the types and criteria of PPE needed, as well as donation locations and hours.
Types of PPE
· N95 masks (NIOSH-approved)
· Surgical and procedure masks (FDA-approved)
· Exam gloves (powder free; nitrile or latex preferred)
· Isolation gowns/coveralls
· Hospital-grade cleaning wipes
· Hand sanitizer
· Eye protection
· Face shields
· Safety glasses
· Disposable non-contact/temporal scanner
All PPE must meet the following criteria:
· Sealed, original packaging
· Not expired (with the exception of NIOSH-approved N95 masks in accordance with the Emergency Use Authorization)
· No stains, odors or tears
Donation locations and hours:
· Santa Maria United Boys & Girls Club, Evans Park, 200 W. Williams St.; 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, Friday
· Santa Barbara United Boys & Girls Club, 602 W Anapamu St.; 1-3 p.m. Monday-Friday.
· Goleta United Boys & Girls Club, 5701 Hollister Ave.; 1-3 p.m. Monday-Friday.
· Carpinteria United Boys & Girls Club, 4849 Foothill Road; 4:30-5:30 p.m. every other Wednesday.
· Carpinteria City Hall, 5775 Carpinteria Ave.; 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
· Lompoc United Boys & Girls Club, 1025 W Ocean Ave., 1-3 p.m. Monday-Friday.