Santa Barbara County residents are invited to attend Housing Santa Barbara Day 2023, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 14 at De La Guerra Plaza.
Housing Santa Barbara Day (HSBD) is a free annual event hosted by 2nd Story Associates, the nonprofit affiliate of Housing Authority of the City of Santa Barbara (HACSB).
The event is dedicated to connecting community members with local affordable housing-nonprofit agencies and service providers that are able to provide resources and guidance in the search for affordable housing.
Attendees will be able to participate in housing workshops covering a such topics as Tenant & Landlord Resources, Down Payment Home Buying Assistance, and Workforce Housing Information.
There will also be music, local food vendors, and activities for kids and families.
HSBD will feature more than 30 community agencies and service providers including:
• Youth & Family Services YMCA
• Good Samaritan Shelter
• Santa Barbara Neighborhood Clinics
• Partners in Housing Solutions
• Department of Behavioral Wellness, County of Santa Barbara
• New Beginnings Counseling Center
• Santa Barbara Rental Property Association
• The Salvation Army
• Disability Rights California
• Housing Authority of the County of Santa Barbara
• Santa Barbara Community Housing Corporation
• Independent Living Resource Center
• People’s Self-Help Housing
• St. Vincent’s
• Transition House
• Rental Housing Mediation Program
• Garden Court/Gardens on Hope/Harry’s House
• Tri-Counties Regional Center
• Santa Barbara County Housing & Community Development
• CHANCE Housing
• Habitat for Humanity
• Central Coast Alliance for a Sustainable Economy
Event sponsors are Housing Authority of the City of Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara Foundation, Santa Barbara Community Housing Corporation, Montecito Bank & trust, CommUnify, Good Samaritan Shelter, Santa Barbara Band of Chumash Indians Foundation, American Riviera Bank, and Noozhawk.
To learn more, visit https://housingsantabarbara.org/.
2nd Story Associates is a nonprofit corporation created in 2007 for the purpose of funding and developing affordable housing and related social services for the benefit of low-income families, seniors and disabled members of the Santa Barbara community. Learn more at www.2nd-story.org.
HACSB is a local public agency created for the purpose of providing safe, decent and quality affordable housing and supportive services to eligible persons with limited incomes, through a variety of federal, state, local and private resources.
Since 1969, HACSB has developed and/or secured more than 4,000 units of affordable rental housing for Santa Barbara through a variety of federal, state, local and private funding sources. For more, visit hacsb.org.