The City of Lompoc Electric Division turns 100 years old on Feb. 23, and is marking its anniversary with a celebration that includes the unveiling of a centennial logo, and a proclamation that was issued at this week’s Lompoc City Council meeting by Mayor Jenelle Osborne.
The city purchased Lompoc Light & Power Company on Feb. 23, 1923. The Lompoc Electric Division has remained community-owned and not-for-profit since 1923.
Currently, the city’s electric system consists of a receiving substation, one distribution substation, and 60 miles of overhead and 65 miles of underground distribution lines with 15,463 meters.
The electric utility is a member of Northern California Power Agency (NCPA), and works through NCPA for the production and purchase of the electricity that is distributed to customers.
The electric utility is a current recipient of the prestigious American Public Power Agency (APPA) RP3 Designation, the APPA Safety Award of Excellence, and the APPA Smart Energy Provider.
Learn more about the Lompoc Electric Division at www.cityoflompoc.com/electric.