Wind and flood advisories were issued Tuesday for Santa Barbara County as an early season storm moved through the region.
The Flood Advisory, in effect until 11:45 a.m., warned of minor flooding in low-lying and poor-drainage areas and roadways.
At 8:45 a.m., Doppler radar and automated rain gauges were indicating heavy precipitation, with rainfall rates up to half an inch per hour, with the potential for an inch per hour, according to the National Weather Service in Oxnard.
The Wind Advisory, in effect until 6 p.m., was calling for south winds of 15-25 mph, with gusts to 40 mph along the county’s South Coast and in mountain areas.
Showery conditions were expected throughout the day and into the evening hours on Tuesday, with a 100% chance of rain.
There will be an 80% chance of rain in the overnight hours, diminishing to 20% on Wednesday, when sunny skies are expected to return.
Rainfall totals of 1-2 inches are likely along the coast, with some mountain areas getting as much as 5 inches, forecasters said.
Daytime highs through the week should be around 60, with overnight lows in the low-40s.
Click here for the latest forecast from the National Weather Service.
— Noozhawk executive editor Tom Bolton can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow Noozhawk on Twitter: @noozhawk, @NoozhawkNews and @NoozhawkBiz. Connect with Noozhawk on Facebook.