Picture this: You’re scouring the internet to find a 12-foot skeleton, the perfect decoration to startle your guests at your annual Halloween party. As luck would have it, you find one on sale, do a happy dance from your seat on the couch, and begin the purchasing process. All is going well until — BOO! — the buffering wheel appears. As you’re checking the Cox app to see whether there are any outages in your area (there aren’t), your teen lets out a blood-curdling wail from his room because he can’t log into his Xbox. Just then, your husband throws in the kitchen towel because the new recipe he’s been dying to try won’t load on his laptop.
The modern family can’t live like this…and they don’t have to because internet satisfaction is at their fingertips at this very moment.
Cox Communications recently updated its broadband packages for the majority of Santa Barbara residential customers, providing faster speeds at no extra cost. With five tiers to choose from, Cox increased its most popular tier from 250 Mbps (megabits per second) to 500 Mbps or half a gigabyte. Users in this tier can download:
• An entire HD horror movie in less than 10 seconds
• 10 mobile games (and college scholarship applications?) in less than five seconds
• An entire music album in less than two seconds
For households in need of even more bandwidth, Cox also offers 1 and 2 Gbps tiers.
The need for speed continues to increase — more devices, more connections, more bandwidth — and Cox’s enhanced speeds will help users stay ahead of their home network’s demands. It also enables viewers of Cox Contour’s scary October movie lineup to change the channel away from approaching zombies faster than their poor victim can ever run (why’d she open the door in the first place?).
Of course, there are also things customers can do to maximize the offered speeds to get the most out of your plan. Some tips:
• Place your gateway in a central location in your home and make sure the software is updated.
• Overcome dead zones with a wifi extender or mesh network.
• Minimize interferenceby choosing a different channel on your wifi router.
• Use the Cox Panoramic Wifi app to test connectivity health and provide troubleshooting.
• Set a robust password on your wifi network so ghouls and goblins can’t access it
With great fiber-powered gig speeds, helpful tips to optimize every plan, and an app with self-guided troubleshooting and text notifications when there’s an outage, customers won’t have to worry about buffering. Instead, they can turn their attention to the call that’s coming from inside the house…